Hey, remember S & M stands for Sales and Marketing. We took this picture of two CATboats when we were cycling just outside of Nice, France. CATboats were so named because they behave like a cat: quick, agile, well-balanced, quiet that cause little disturbance to the water surface. CATboats were developed in the early 1800s and were used extensively around Cape Cod for all types of coastal fishing, tourism and local transport and are still used today.
So, what's that got to do with a Sales and Marketing company? With our WOW CAT programs - CAT to us stands for Coaching And Training - we behave like a CATboat; we come into your location, we're quick, accurate and, with very little disturbance to you and your staff, we develop a smooth sailing course for your Sales and Marketing. Then we train you and your staff to understand how Marketing, Sales, Branding, Advertising, Social Media, Customer Service .... and all those other business activities associated with Sales and Marketing ... so you can become more efficient with these activities. Then we sail out and leave you with a clear focus and direction to follow always knowing we are just a call or email away if you require additional services.
Lynda has been in the business world since 1971 - and she continues to be up-to-date on all things sales and marketing, consumer behaviour and social media (Lynda is a certified Hubspot Inbound Marketing Specialist). D'Arcy has been in the journalism and media world since 1973. The pair started WOW Communications & Training in 1994 working out of two Alberta locations (Lethbridge & Calgary). Our clients are across Canada from all industry sectors. (And in Europe, through WOW Tours International Inc.)
We are professionals in sales, marketing and communications - just like you are a professional in your area of expertise. Some people are hesitant to hire a professional because they look only at how much it will cost them, but if you think it's expensive to hire a professional, think about how much it will cost you to fix the mistakes to your business if you let a rookie practice becoming a sales and marketing on your business' image and reputation? We purposely stay a small company so we can provide our clients with the owners of the company and... we ain't rookies:
- We are educated in sales and marketing
- We have taught post-secondary sales and marketing course
- We have written post-secondary sales and marketing curriculum
- We have purchased all types of outbound media
- We are educated in social media (inbound)We established social media campaigns for our clients
We know our stuff!
We have been fortunate to have other business consulting companies trust us enough to hire us when they have clients who are in need of sales and marketing help. For example, we have worked with:
- Since 1997 - Business Development Bank of Canada (Coaching businesses in B.C., Alberta, Whitehorse and Yellowknife).
- Since 1998 - execuserv plus inc. (Training in the Government of Canada self-employment entrepreneurship program).
- Since 2000 - Taber & District Adult Learning (Training businesses and youth a variety of business courses).
- We have had long-term contracts with organizations like Family Centre (8 years), Exhibition Park (7 years), Community Futures Cochrane (5 years), Elite Wood Products (4 years).
What's a WOW CAT?
For our WOW CATs, clients buy a bundle of WOW time: 10 hours ($1,300), 20 hours ($2,400), 30 hours ($3,000) or 50 hours ($4,500) hour packages, priced less than our hourly charge of $150 per hour. We'll discuss what's best for you in how long your time contract is as well as a monthly payment plan so you can set a budget. You can use your time however you want. We are very flexible to meet your needs and schedule. The result will be that your sales and marketing activities will become more efficient (through the knowledge we share with you) and thus become more effective. Your bank of time could be used for:
- Coaching (One-on-one meetings either with owners or staff. These meetings could be in person or by Skype or an online conference and screen-share format. Coaching can be on entrepreneurship, general business or specific sales and marketing issues).
- Brand development (Creating your brand philosophy, corporate identity (logo, name, etc.)
- Graphic design (Putting action to your brand through brochures, newsletters, social media, website design and development).
- Training for individuals and/or staff (Topics could be sales, marketing, social media, public relations, customer service, dealing with difficult people, business etiquette).
- Working with media (through advertising or public relations).
- Or.... a combination of all of the above
WOW CAT Testimonials:
|BrainJacks (Peak Conflict Resolution)||ProPlant Care|
Below are a couple of introductions to our online training courses - this is to give you a feel for our style and the knowledge that we can share with you.
“When people are thinking of hiring a Marketing professional as an employee, I don’t think they realize they have another option; that is hiring a professional marketing firm on a contract or project basis. Besides the obvious savings in wages, benefits and holiday pay, there are hidden savings such as computer software and systems that, would cost well over $10,000 if a company had to purchase and train staff in its use. I realized these savings when I began working with WOW Communications in 2004. I was also able to take advantage of WOW’s expertise in unexpected extras as they understanding how printers and media work. There are savings attached to that expertise.”
- Darren Milne, former Marketing Manager Exhibition Park, Lethbridge, now Marketing Manager Market Mall, Calgary, Alberta. (We worked with Darren and his Exhibition Park team for over five years.
"To be honest I really hesitated on retaining a Marketing Consultant when it was suggested by the Business Development Bank as part of our business growth plan. It turned out to be the best thing we could have done to focus us on the necessary building blocks of our business. It made us “rethink” past advertising choices and consider new ones. Lynda Kavanagh, from WOW Communications, patiently introduced us to the marketing world and held our hand as we made the transition from “Mom & Pop” shop to serious business. Lynda is a true professional, who took the time to get to know us and our business, which we feel ensured that we received the best marketing for our particular business and budget. I have and will continue to recommend Lynda to anyone in business, whether you are just starting out, growing or need a fresh look. She is someone you want working for you, not your competition!"
-Elizabeth Harkema-Foote, Business Manager Foote's Glass, Okotoks http://www.footesglass.com
"I have so appreciated Lynda's professionalism, quick response time and talent in Marketing and design. She has made my job much easier and organized by systematically handling all calls from media. She has ensured that all programs are marketed in a timely and attractive fashion. The Marketing plan she developed was with research and rationale for all decisions made. The Marketing plan has proven effective and the numbers of calls for services with reference to seeing an ad, either in print or television has been incredible. I would recommend her services to any person or organization."
- Crystal Elliott, RPN, Executive Director, Family Centre, Government of Alberta Parent Link Centre http://www.famcentre.ca
“Lynda was an ideal marketing consultant for our business. She helped me to define a specific target market, and to develop a plan to reach that market. She provided help without taking over the process, equipping me to carry on after our time of working together was completed.”
- Judy Klok, Kayben Farms & JoJo's Restaurant, Okotoks, http://www.kayben.com
"One of the key benefits of working with Lynda is that her service frees up my time to work on the things in business I have a handle on rather than spinning my wheels on time-consuming things I don’t. I have found Lynda to be professional, creative, flexible, responsive to our own ideas and organized. I plan to continue our business relationship as I can already see the benefits to our company."
- Linda Lunquist, Elite Wood Products http://www.elitewood.com