Blog & Newsletter
Welcome to our Blog and Newsletter signup
Everyone loves to get good, practical and free information. Sign up for our newsletter and you will receive quick tips once a month to help you run your business better. Follow our blog post to get more detailed information about how to run your business.
|Business Posts||Sales & Marketing Posts||Other stuff|
|November 2017 - Showrooming||Does your company have a song?|
* Does your company have a song?
Bye Bye Cheques!
Part of doing business is paying bills - cheques have been the most common way to do this. But about 15 years ago banks started allowing people to pay bills through email transfers. All you needed was the recipient's email and an agreed to question and answer. You'd send payment through your bank's online a transfer, the recipient would answer the question and poof the money was in your account. If you were a big business like utility companies, municipalities, etc. people could send money just by knowing the account number. In 2016 over $242 million emails paid bills valued at over $100 billion. Great idea but what about the little businesses who still need to send cheque ... and $1 postage?
Starting next year (some banks may be doing it now) anyone can send and receive payments through bank emails without pre-planning the question and answer. All you need is an email address. This will save many small businesses money through ordering cheques and using the postal service. Great idea! #wowct
What the heck is Showrooming:
If you don't know that term but own or manage a retail store, you better become familiar with it. Showrooming is when customers come into your bricks and mortar store take a look at the merchandise and then go purchase it online - sometimes at a lower price from your website - yikes - or worse from a competitor. It is happening, it isn't going to change so you need to find out some ways to combat this. Here are a couple of ideas:
- Ensure your online store's prices are the same as you offline store.
- Can you provide a delivery service?
- Make sure your staff is having conversations with people. Remind them about some issues that can happen with online shopping (delivery, returns, sizes, guarantees, etc.)
- Can you use technology to "show" people how your products work? (video, ipads, etc.)
- Provide people with a coupon or special deal if they buy the product from your online store.
- Provide free wifi. Since they are looking anyway, let them look while chatting with your salesperson. This will allow the sales person to have a conversation with the customer and will also allow you a glimpse into what this person is looking for.
- Display your online and offline reviews.
- Offer excellent customer service. #wowct
Everyone loves free information, when you sign up for our newsletter, you will receive free sales and marketing tips once a month. We subscribe to safe unsubscribe software (icontact.com). That guarantees that you can unsubscribe at any time and we will not send you any more electronic communications. We promise we won't bombard you with stuff that is not sales and marketing related - well every now and then we'll through in a funny situation or a picture of somewhere we have travelled to - but there will always be a sales and marketing theme to it. And, we absolutely guarantee we will not share your contact information with anyone else.
So all that said, if you agree to allow WOW Communications & Training send you electronic information, please send us an email. In the body of the email provide us with your first name and the community that you live in (ie: Lynda - Calgary, Alberta) and what lead you to this page. (We ask this because then we know you are a robot.) Thanks.